Ficus Trees

Ficus Benjamina Leaf Folded

Davejoyal added on March 15, 2015 | Answered

Noticed one leaf completely folded and closed. I cut it off and looked inside the leaf (see pic) and there are some black spots. Nothing moving so I don't think they're bugs and they appear to be embedded in the leaf. What is this? And if it's a concern, what should I use to fix the problem? It was just one leaf. The rest of the tree has over 100 new leaves that have come out with in the last week alone. Thanks!

This could possibly be the start of a thrip infestation on your ficus. Leaf curling and discoloration can be caused by the feeding damage caused by thrips. I would consider using a mild insecticide, like neem oil.

For more information on thrips, please visit the link below:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/controlling-thrips.htm

00
Here are more questions about Ficus Trees