Ficus Trees

Ficus Benjamina Growing More New Leaves on One Side

Davejoyal added on March 5, 2015 | Answered

My tree that's about 4.5 feet tall seems to be growing more on the top and on one side. There's a little new growth on the other side, but much less. Branches and new leaves have grown out almost 2" in the last week alone. I know it's doing well. It's in a southern facing window and gets plenty of light. Is this because I'm not rotating it? I haven't rotated in fear that it'll get upset and drop leaves because I know they do that for any reason. Should I start to rotate 1/4 turns weekly? Will that slow down growth? Will I lose leaves? Thanks. I've attached a pic and you can see it has a lot of new growth. Thank you!

I would recommend rotating your Ficus Benjamina for even growth. A 1/4 turn weekly as you proposed will suffice and will not be detrimental to the plant - in fact, it will promote growth in the areas that are lacking. For more information on the care of Ficus Benjamina, please visit the following link:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/ficus/ficus-tree-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Ficus Trees