Guava
Q.

Fertilizer

Zone 32008 north florida | Am Mo added on December 13, 2017 | Answered

How,much fertilizer 20-20-20 TO GIVE TO GUAVA TREES IN A POTS (3 Years old)? Or if there is any better fertilizer? Thanks in advance.

A.
    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer

Normally I would alway say that it is always best to follow the fertilization guide on the container, as every manufacturer will have a different feed ratio. In this case, for that high concentration I would use only 1/4 that strength once a month. The best fertilizers on the market are extremely expensive, and are not necessary for this case. The best that I am aware of will run you around $350 USD for a box, so you can see that it may not be the most efficient way to grow a single tree in a pot.

The only thing else I would say would be to add a little calcium and magnesium to this. Dolomitic lime will provide this, as well as keeping the soil pH balanced.

This article will give you more information on growing these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/guava/growing-guava-fruit-trees.htm

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
    Guava
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More