Fertilizer

Fertilizer

Queenie641 added on August 7, 2017 | Answered

What type of fertilizer or food would you recommend for a young plant? I'm scared to water it as I tend to over water. It seems like it is growing quite nicely. Just took a very good likening to it and don't want to kill it. Thanks

I have so many pertinent questions: what is the plant; is it a houseplant; what does "young" mean; is it in the ground or a pot and where do you live. For most plants, the need for fertilizer is slowing down as plants prepare themselves for winter. Using a balanced fertilizer at half the recommended rate is all I can suggest with the info provided. Another option is a layer of compost worked into the top 1" of soil. If your plant was recently obtained, I wouldn't fertilize this year: let it work on establishing roots, not top growth.

00
Here are more questions about Fertilizer