Ivy Plants

Ferns and Ivy Plants Don’t Last

My ferns and ivy plants dry up and die within a month or two. I water them once a week and mist them also. Do these need a lot of watering? Do they need a lot of sunshine too? I had them in indirect light and kept cool. Though there's just one vine still thriving and I've been watering it ever since the rest of the plant died, is there a chance it will regrow if I clear out the dead part of the plant? Why would one vine still survive? Is this an indication of root problems?

Ivy needs light, but ferns typically do ok in lower light. It may be a watering issue. If they were in indirect light, you may be over watering them. Check the soil before watering. The remaining ivy will regrow leaves and new branches if you clear out the dead material.

Here are more questions about Ivy Plants