Existing Grass Covered (Weed) Berm

Very long, very steep, very dry part of it flows into my lawn, part of it flows into bark covered area with pine trees. Center of bark covered area has rock landscaping. I cannot mow any longer, and the area is too steep. I like the protection and visual privacy but need to find a way to make it low maintenance. I would like to cover it with shredded bark as I think it would fit nicely into existing look but it is steep and long and would be costly to maintain. If I use a rock or gravel cover, it competes with my yard too much. Can you help me?

Shredded bark/wood usually works well on berms, as it is less likely to wash down during heavy rains. You could also take out the weedy growth/grass and replace it with some low-maintenance native plants.

Here are more questions about Berms