Lemon Trees

Eureka Lemon Tree

julie fullerton added on January 28, 2011 | Answered

I have been given a Eureka Lemon Tree as gift. It is currently 2 metres tall and in a pot. Flowers are blooming, it is tall and slim. Can I plant next to a wall? Will the tree bush out? Or should I put it in a very large pot free of the wall?

As long as you live in a climate where it can survive outdoors, it can be planted next to a wall. Walls are great for citrus because they bounce back heat, which the plants love. You will need to prune it to keep its branches from rubbing against the wall or you can choose to espalier it (https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/projects/espalier-instructions.htm). Lemon trees are not aggressive and will not harm your wall, but you just have to take steps to make sure the wall does not harm the tree.

Here are more questions about Lemon Trees