Eugenia Trees

Eugenia Bush

Nancyedonohue added on December 27, 2017 | Answered

What type of pests invade the Eugenia plant? I have two potted Eugenia round balls that were outdoors all summer and did beautifully. I brought them indoors in late fall before the temperatures dropped below what they can tolerate. Both were doing fine until one started to drop it’s lower leaves. Both plants are separated but both are in full sun and watered as needed. I also mist them once a day b/c of the heat being on. One continues to be fine but the other continues to drop its lower leaves which have shriveled and died. I see no evidence of a disease or pests. Any advice? Will the one affected bush be able to be saved?

I fear that being inside, even misting them, it is too dry for them. You may be battling this issue until you are able to put them outside again. You can try misting them multiple times per day, but you should also take care not to overwater. They will need much less indoors. Let the soil dry out slightly between waterings, and too much water will likely lead to root rot.

Here is an article for more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/eugenia/growing-eugenia-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Eugenia Trees