Eucalyptus Tree

Eucalyptus Tree Roots

I have grown a eucalyptus tree about 10 feet from my house. It is now approximately 30 feet tall. I didn't stake it properly when growing and it's on the wonky side, but I love it and don't want to cut it down. However, I am concerned when we have high winds that the tree will fall since there is a lot of movement in the trunk. It sways in the wind, any advice?

You can try to straighten the tree. Take a rope with a short length of garden hose strung on it and loop that around the tree. Use the garden hose to make sure the plant does not get damaged by the rope. Them using the rope, pull the plant in the direction you want it to go and stake the rope down in the ground. Every few weeks, tighten the rope until the tree is standing straight again.

Here are more questions about Eucalyptus Tree