We have a lovely Eucalyptus Tree in our front garden and as it had grown about 7 foot in a year we decided to cut it back, so about a month ago we trimmed about 7-10 feet off of it and now the leaves are all going brown. Help!!!! Have we killed it? Shirley
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
The tree sounds like it may be in shock. Depending on how large it was to begin with, you may have cut off more than the tree can handle. You should only remove up to about 1/3 of a plant in any one year. More than this can throw many plants into shock.
If it is a well established tree, it may bounce back on its own, but I would recommend some balanced fertilizer and plenty of water to try to help bring it out of shock.