Plant Recommendations

Empty Pots in Winter

I have some beautiful pots around our yard. They range from three feet to standard 8 inches pots. I live in northern Nevada and right now nothing grows and there isn't even any snow to embellish the ground with. What can I do with some of these pots, especially the big ones, which you can see from inside the house, to add interest to the landscape?

According to the USDA hardiness zone map, you should be either in zone 6 or 7. I would think that you have a large group of plants to choose from. I suggest visiting your local garden center or greenhouse to get ideas of the availability. Make a list of plants that appeal to you. Notice what other landscapes use, and if you don't know the plant, ask. Most people should be complimented by the fact that you like their plant enough to find out it's name. Do online research of each plant to see if it is suitable for containers and your zone. If you are investing your time and money, do some homework first so your efforts won't be wasted.

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations