Cedar Trees

Emerald Cedars Changed Color After Toronto Winter

mozgheib added on May 6, 2018 | Answered

Hello, I have 12 cedars in my garden that are 3-6 feet high in my front yard planted around as a barrier with 3 feet distance in between. This winter I had them covered using material from Lowes (not Burlap). I removed the covers early spring and noticed some have turned light blue, others are partly blue and partly green and some are still green. Please let me know if I should be worried or whether the color will go back to green soon.

Many varieties of cedar are found throughout Northern North America. Cedar cultivars have foliage that ranges from solid green to bronze to bluish-tinged needles. Yellow or brown needles, regardless of species, indicate the tree suffers from environmental stress.
Some cedar species' foliage turns blue or gold in winter as a response to frigid temperatures.
Regular watering will help insure the trees health, but only time will determine if the trees will recover into the previous green.

00
Here are more questions about Cedar Trees