Elephant Ear Plants

Elephant Ear Plant

I have an elephant ear plant that was growing wonderfully outside, and after bringing it inside it has developed a fungus in the dirt, and possibly on the leaves. I wiped them with a solution of blue dawn ( a couple drops) into water and I am going to replace the dirt. Is there anything else I can do? How often should I water? I brought inside and it was getting less sun, so I just moved it to a sunny spot in the house.

The soil may be staying too moist. Although elephant ear does like its soil to be kept evenly moist, excessively moist soil can promote fungal growth. It will need less water now that it has been brought indoors. Experiment with watering schedules until you find a balance. Also avoid getting the water on the leaves when you water.

00
Here are more questions about Elephant Ear Plants