Elderberry Bushes

Elderberries

Michael Keef added on June 26, 2017 | Answered

Hi, I just moved from south east Texas to North Texas, and as it does not get nearly as hot and there's TRUE winters up here I'm attempting to fill my property up with many of my favorites. I am currently looking at elderberry plants, 2 cultivars of course. I found live plants that are 16"-20" tall. Is it alright to plant them right now as it is late June? Also, I am attempting to fill my fence up with black spanish and red flame grapes. Should I wait till their dormant season to purchase them or will it be fine to plant vines with full leaf systems on them now? Thank you, Michael Keef

You can plant now, but need to watch the watering carefully. Make sure the soil is moist and never dries out or is soggy.

Mulching with 3 to 4 inches of hardwood mulch will help with moisture and temperatures.

00
Here are more questions about Elderberry Bushes