Elaeagnus Plants

Elaeagnus Shrubs

I planted my 48 elaeagnus shrubs in February and several of them are dying. I have watered them and put miracle gro around them. What else can I do?

It would be wonderful if every plant or tree we every planted was successful, but sometimes that is not the case.
Starting with well cared for nursery stock helps and then mother nature plays a very large part.

Light, sandy soil is preferred for this shrub. Well draining soil is very important. Watering new planting is very important in the first few weeks and then you can generally taper off.

Most reputable garden centers offer a guarantee or replacement of plants that perish in the first year of planting.

Here is a link to refresh you on the care requirements.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/elaeagnus/russian-olive-information.htm

00
Here are more questions about Elaeagnus Plants