Dying Spinach

The leaves of my spinach plants are drying up and dying. The plants are in pots. I looked closely and saw fine blackish dust things on the leaves. They are dried up leaves and on one leaf, I saw a small larva inside the leaf. Is this a disease? I don't know what it is. Should I keep them separate from other plants? They were transplants and ever since the hot weather set in, they got that way.

Answered on November 30, -0001

"The black dust you describe sounds like sooty mold, which is a fungus brought about by pests. Neem oil will help with both the fungal issue and insect pest which may be causing it. This organic insecticide/fungicide is safe to use on edibles too. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/how-to-get-rid-of-sooty-mold.htm

Here are more questions about Spinach