Date Palm Trees

Dwarf Date Palms

arby1951 added on June 11, 2017 | Answered

I planted 8 1 gallon Robelini date palms about 6 years ago. They have been doing fine and are healthy looking but they started falling over about 2 years ago. The first one was still very small and I replaced it with a new one about 2 years ago, the new 2 stemed one was doing fine until about 6 months ago when one of the 2 just fell over, it looked very healthy so I staked it and about 1 month later the other of the 2 fell over. I staked that one also and they both look healthy but they aren\'t any stronger at the root than they were when I first staked them. Now it seems that all of them have either fallen over fully or have bent over enough to look bad, although they all look very healthy. Is there a fungus or bacteria that could be causing this?

I would suggest having the palms inspected by a qualified Palm Arborist.

Soil should be checked to make sure they can support the growth of the palms.

00
Here are more questions about Date Palm Trees