Dutchman's Breeches

Dutchman’s Breeches

I ordered a plant from a nursery and planted it under the shade of a large bush in a front garden. The first two years it came up, then disappeared. This year I have 2 but haven't gotten any flowers. The plants are about 8 inches tall, which is taller than the past two years. Do they establish themselves for a few years or have I planted them in the wrong place? My gardens are irrigated every morning and have mulch. I hope you can help me, as my mother always had them and they remind me of her.

Answered on November 30, -0001

It may simply be an issue with fertilizer. Have the soil tested and work from there. Here is more information on growing these plants so you can ensure all their needs are being met: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/dutchmans-breeches/dutchmans-breeches-wildflower.htm

00
Here are more questions about Dutchman's Breeches