Jade Plants

Drooping Jade

Marimom added on December 31, 2015 | Answered

Huge jade plant given to my office - I've failed to care for it correctly - and probably gave it too much water. It is limp and dying. When leaves began to shrivel up and fall off, I looked it up on the internet and an article made me think because the dirt was dry that I should water it. So I did and it got worse. Is there any help for this plant? I am sending along a picture of it. Thank you if you can help.

It is likely that the office lighting was not bright enough for you Jade plant. This would explain the 'leggy' appearance to the plant.
In the winter months the plant will require much less water and the drooping stems may be explained by improper watering. If the roots are sitting in soggy soil, root rot can cause the decline of the plant.
Increase the light to the plant, full sun is the best location.
Let the soil dry between watering.
Here are some links to help you.

Thanks so much. I'm going to check the root area - and my boss will help me put it into a sunny window. And hopefully it will save it! Such a beautiful plant. I wish I'd found your site sooner. I appreciate your help.

Here are more questions about Jade Plants