Potato Plants

Double Seeding/Planting

I recently bought a house and it has great dingy boats for our vegetable garden. I was excited and planted some potatoes and forgot to label them. Then the next week, I mistakenly planted carrot seeds in the same spot as the potatoes (just not as deep, so I didn't notice my mistake until after it was all said and done). What will happen to the potatoes and carrots? Will either survive? Should I dig up everything and replant? Should I let it be and hope for the best? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Most likely, they will both come up together. If you try digging up the potatoes, you'll probably lose the carrot seeds. You could simply leave them for now and once your carrots come up, you could try moving them then. OR let them grow together and see what happens. As long as they are cared for properly (and they pretty much share the same growing requirements), they'll likely be fine. The carrots will be ready for harvesting long before the potatoes so this shouldn't impede on that. Just take extra care when pulling them up so you don't inadvertently pull up the potato plants.

00
Here are more questions about Potato Plants