Hibiscus Plants

Double Growth on Same Plant

kb3xy added on January 6, 2018 | Answered

I have a Hibiscus plant in my yard planted from a cutting of another Hibiscus. I is four feet tall and flowers all year. This year, out of the base of the Hibiscus, A very large leafed Water lily is growing. It is growing out of the same base as the Hibiscus and not just coming up around it. How can this be happening and many thanks for the information.

This would be impossible. What is likely happening, is that it is showing deformed growth. This can be normal during some parts of the life of the plant. You can either cut the growth, or let it keep growing. Either way is fine.

This is a collection of articles on the hibiscus that you can find useful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/

00
Here are more questions about Hibiscus Plants