Donkey Tails Got Black Spots in Leaves and Dry Stem

Vicky Randeri added on May 15, 2018 | Answered

I bought 2x donkey tails plants. I Saw leaves got black brown spots and they get so mussy and easy to come off when they turn black/brown. Some turned white and dry. Stems also getting dry. Pls look at the image and let me know if i can save my plant anyway. I am thinking to repot the whole 2 hanging baskets.

I'm not able to get a good look at the soil, but this looks like a fungal infection. This can be caused by overwatering, or just sitting in water for too long, or it can be present in soil before it is planted.

I would suggest replacing 1/3 of the water, that you use to give it a drink, with peroxide. This will kill off anything in the soil, and as long as the plant isn't too far infected, then it will help the plant to clear itself up.

This article will give you more information on the care of these plants: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/cacti-succulents/burros-tail/burros-tail-care.htm

00