Hazelnut Trees

Dogwood and Hazelnut Trees

When planting new dogwoods, how deep (I've raised them from 'twigs' and they have no 'rootballs') should they be planted? I'm in the middle of nowhere on the side of a mountain. I have a well, septic sand mound,  two vernal ponds and LOTS of water (depending on the season), wildlife and four dogs. What is the root depth for these trees? How about buildings, foundations, crawl spaces, etc? I want to 'permanentize' these — all have endured a 'touch-n-go' young life.

You will want to plant them at the same level they are at now. The roots will grow down a few feet, but dogwoods are pretty non-invasive with their roots, which is why they are frequently used as foundation trees. There is little chance they will harm any walls or foundations near them.

00
Here are more questions about Hazelnut Trees