Lawn Problems

Dog Digging Small Holes in Lawn

My dogs are digging small holes all over my lawn! When I try to see what they are digging, I have found grub worms. Do you think this is what is happening? If so, I will use some sort of grub killer. Please advise.

While the grubs themselves is likely not the reason for the digging, it may still be a good idea to treat now that you know they're there. This article will help with that: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/lawn-grubs-how-to-get-rid-of-grub-worms.htm As for the digging, this is common with many dogs, especially with their high sense of smell. Since it is difficult to completely stop your dog(s) from doing what only comes natural, some people find it helps to put in a specific digging site just for them by putting in a sandbox or digging a hole, lining with plastic and filling it with sand. Hide toys and other goodies in this area to encourage only digging here and nowhere else.

00
Here are more questions about Lawn Problems