Eucalyptus Tree

Does My Silver Dollar Eucalyptus Tree Have a Disease?

lostinbhc added on September 13, 2015 | Answered

My Silver Dollar tree has been slow to take off and grow. I planted it about March of 2012. It was not filling out at the top and asked people at Lowes what to do. So, I pruned back the top of the tree like they said awhile ago (like probably October of 2013). It started to grow out new branches last year, and this year it was really taking off with brand new little leaves everywhere and getting thicker foliage. I have only pruned this tree the one time 2 years ago. Just last week it was nice and green, so pretty. This week, just 3 days ago, I noticed it to be looking like it was drying up and turning brown. I watered deeply, and now it is completely dried up! The branches are soft and pliable, but the leaves are dry. What could be happening? I am concerned because a Chilean Mesquite planted just 10 feet away also just dried up and died last month! Can it be saved? Is it just a watering problem? Help?

You mention that the tree has struggled since planting.
The roots could have been damaged in planting, as this tree does not like to be disturbed. This would account for the slow to no growth.
The soil conditions may need some amending. A soil test can help you with this.

Here is a link to refresh you on the care requirements.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/eucalyptus/tips-growing-eucalyptus.htm

00
lostinbhc

Yes, but it has been in the ground for 3 years and has been doing very well, especially this summer. Just the first year was slow to grow. NOW, all of sudden, it has turned brown and is drying up whereas just the week prior it was so green and full of new growth....

00
Here are more questions about Eucalyptus Tree