Raised Garden Beds

Do You Use Landscape Fabric Inside the Garden Table?

jmslater4 added on May 12, 2015 | Answered

I bought 2 garden tables last year and I lined the inside with a landscape fabric before adding the soil. My plants didn't do so well, although I did plant late in the season. I thought that maybe the fabric was keeping it from draining properly. Please help.

The landscape fabric probably was not to blame and is commonly used to line the inside of planters. However, if you are concerned about using landscape fabric, there are other options you can try - basically anything with small grid work such as window screening, insect screening, plastic mesh, etc. will allow water drainage yet keep soil in. Also, to preserve the interior of your planter from moisture you can spray the inside with spectracide prune sealer, so long as you let it thoroughly dry before adding soil.

00
Here are more questions about Raised Garden Beds