Rhubarb Plants

Rhubarb in Winter

Do you pick all the rhubarb before winter or do you leave some of the the stems? I've always left a fair about of the rhubarb on the plant for winter. My friend says she picks hers clean. Not leaving anything but the crown. Which is the correct way to care for the rhubarb for winter?

I too personally like to leave a good amount of leaves on the plant until the frost kills them.
Then I remove and lightly mulch the crowns. If the plants are well established, mulching is likely not necessary.
Growing recommendation is that you do leave leaves on the plants to feed the crowns and for them to store energy.
Well established crowns and plants likely do fine if all the leaves are pruned off.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/rhubarb/protecting-rhubarb-in-winter.htm

00
Here are more questions about Rhubarb Plants