Q.Do Holly Bushes Have Poisons Or Irritants On Their Thorns
Dog got into holly bush during snow and was poked with thorns, we think in his eye. He is also showing signs of being off balance and pain. Wondered if toxin on the thorns could be the cause.
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
If he was poked in the eye with a thorn, he will probably have issues whether or not the thorn is toxic. The leaves and berries have low level toxicity and can cause diarrhea and vomiting if eaten. Did you check his paws for thorns? Here is more: