Dieffenbachia

Dieffenbachia

My Uncle gave me a dieffenbachia a few years a ago and it generally does well. He passed away this year. We have moved and are renovating a house. It has been outside most of the summer. I lost a few of the leaves due to do much sun. This I know. I think it got to cold. It was under cover but now all of the leaves have fallen off. Is there hope? Can it live with no leaves?? Is there anything I can do to save it???

Dieffenbachia can easily be damaged by low temperatures so that is most likely the cause. Move the plant indoors and put it in a place where it will get enough light, but not very bright light:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/dumb-cane/growing-dumbcane-dieffenbachia.htm

The plant might grow more leaves by itself, but a better way to encourage it to grow more leaves is to cut the stem down to about 4 inches tall. HThis will encorage it to begin growing again.

00
Here are more questions about Dieffenbachia