Vegetable Gardening

Development of Vegetable Growing Guides

I am in the process of developing a series of vegetable growing guides. I am looking for an expert to give me some feedback in respect to the information I am intending to provide. Would you consider helping me if I sent you one or two examples? Thanks for your time, it is appreciated.

While I did not find too many errors, there were a few that should be corrected before sending out. These, of course, were minor but even the smallest error can have a huge impact. I have listed these below (corrected in red):

· Harvesting & Storing Parsnip: …pick them up until February, after which they become woody. Use a garden fork…
· Under Problems, Root forking: …different directions or forking. Caused by clogged, very dry or stony soil.

Runner Bean

· Site: Sensitive to frost so ensure the site is protected against the cold.
· Support: Tie across [one word] cane horizontally along the top to hold the structure together.
· Harvesting & Storing: Pick regularly every 2-3 [days?] using …
· Under Problems, No or Few Pods: …plant with other flowering plant to encourage pollination.

Overall, I like the guides. They were easy to understand and written in laymen terms, which is important for new gardeners, as well as seasoned ones. I also liked the format – eye catching, simple, and nice illustrations.

Here are more questions about Vegetable Gardening