Boston Fern Plants

Decorating Boston Fern With Baby’s Breath for Wedding

I have four beautiful Boston Ferns and was told I could decorate them with Baby's Breath and they would be beautiful on the Church Alter. I'm concerned about poking the flower into the plant. Would it cause the fern any damage or do you just push flower between the leaves. Any advice you can give I would appreciate. The wedding is for my granddaughter on July l4. I'm not even sure how to proceed - any thoughts? Thanks.

As long as you are just poking the baby's breath stems into the soil in between the leaves, it should not cause any issues. If the Boston ferns will be moving from an indoor location (home) to an outdoor location (wedding) or vice versa, you will want to limit how long they are in the new location. The longer they will be in an opposite location to what they are use to, the more stress they will experience - which could lead to problems. It is not as much of a concern if they are say indoor ferns and this is an indoor wedding. I just thought I would let you know in case.

Here are more questions about Boston Fern Plants