Viburnum Shrubs

Deamii Viburnum Care

marciamd53 added on August 11, 2015 | Answered

Planted in fall of 2014 has been doing good, but isn't showing new growth as fast as I think it should. Is a fertilizer a good thing this time of year? It is nice and green, gets morning and afternoon sun with some shade. If I fertilize, what is best? Or are my expectations too high and it just needs more time for growth? Thank you; this is great!

Generally Viburnum are quite a fast growing shrub, but from experience my plantings were slow the first couple of years. Then they took off.
Usually a fertilizer isn't necessary, but you could always try a slow release type. I light feeding won't hurt.
You also may want to top dress the soil with some organic compost this fall. Adding mulch can also help with moisture retention.

Here are more questions about Viburnum Shrubs