Crape Myrtle Trees

Dead Ends on Crepe Myrtle Branches

My crepe myrtles have about 6-12 inches of dead on the branch tips. Otherwise, they look healthy. There are no pests or mildew except for an occasional cicada on them. The stems appear green inside right now. They are about 3 years old and have grown nicely. I have not seen this before. They had some Holly Tone this spring. I do not want them to die. Should I just prune off the dead looking part or is another cure indicated? It is now early June. We have had sufficient rain. Thanks for helping.

Usually this indicates a watering issue. Since you have had adequate rainfall, it may be that something is restricting the roots from taking up the water as it should, resulting in the dying branch tips. Check the roots for any issues, like root rot. This article will help with that: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/root-rot-in-garden-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Crape Myrtle Trees