Lime Trees

Dead Branches on Lime Tree

I have a 4 year old lime tree that has produced abundantly every year. For the past month, each week I have found a dead branch on the tree, to which I cut that branch off. Last week, I pruned the entire tree and now the center (one of the main trunk branches) is now dead; the other two main trunk branches look healthy. What could be wrong with it?

How are the branches dying back? Are the leaves turning yellow first or straight to brown. Do you see any other symptoms on the tree? Please let us know this and we can better identify the problem with your tree. For instance, if the branches are dead and the leaves are dried up and brown or you notice a blackish color on the branches, then sooty mold would be the issue. It is a type of fungus and will coat branches and leaves in black powder. If this is the case with yours, this article might help:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/how-to-get-rid-of-sooty-mold.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lime Trees