Date Palm Trees

Date Palm Tree Pollination

mxt015 added on November 21, 2014 | Answered

My date trees are just starting to bloom and I think this is the wrong time of year for that, or is it? Do I try to pollinate them and see what happens or what do I do?

Although there are many kinds of date palms, I think most of them flower in the spring. A couple of things that may cause trees to flower at the wrong time - a young tree; like kids everywhere, sometimes just doesn't have its act together, and is not clear on when and how to do things; also, stress caused by upsets of things like water, weather, and soil chemistry can throw synchronization off. Here are a couple of articles that tell you more about date palms:
You might also get some information pertinent to your particular area from the county extension service. This link will help you find the nearest office:

Here are more questions about Date Palm Trees