Bromeliad

Cutting the Leaves of Bromeliads

I have grown bromeliads quite a bit, usually in pots, mounds of mulch or on trees. Now in Brazil we put them in the ground and one large one, pineapple style has long leaves and they are touching the sand, laying on it actually. What should I do? Cut them off, mound up?

If there are just a few leaves lying on the ground, you might want to cut them off, or maybe just the part that's touching the ground. If there are lots of leaves, mounding some mulch under them sounds like a good idea. I don't think there are any hard and fast rules - just do what feels right. This article has some more info on growing pineapple bromeliads. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/bromeliad/growing-variegated-pineapples.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bromeliad