Elephant Ear Plants

Potted Elephant Ears Outdoors

lulujoturco added on July 21, 2015 | Answered

I have potted Elephant Ears outdoors that are growing very well, but my biggest leaf has now started drying out and turning slightly brown around the edges. Do I need to cut it off? Will it regrow if I do? Is there anything I can do to help it?

I would not cut off the leaf, the bulb needs the leaf to feed it and store up it's energy for the winter.
Have you fertilized the plant? Elephant Ears are heavy feeders. Fertilize every month with a balanced fertilizer. 20-20-20.

You can even mist the leaf for some extra humidity during the heat of summer. The soil should be moist and well draining.

Here is a link with more information.

Is there any chance it will come back or not turn anymore brown?? its the biggest most beautiful leaf and its becoming an eyesore..

Here are more questions about Elephant Ear Plants