Geranium Plants

Cutting Back Geraniums in Summer in Arizona

I am caring for geranium plants for the summer. They are in pots and on my patio in the shade because our heat is over 105 degrees daily. Should I cut them back to start new growth during this time? Should I place them in the sun part of the day - the very hot sun??? Some the leaves are browning and some are yellowing. I fed them with Miracle Grow. They appear over-grown to me. No flowers at all at this time. Thanks for your help. Patti Baca

Actually, if some of your leaves are yellowing, that's typically a sign of too much water. It could be a disease but that's not very common. You'll want to remove the dead foliage and avoid water from overhead. Repotting might not be a bad idea right about now as well. These articles may help you:

Here are more questions about Geranium Plants