Curious Inky Black Exudate.

David Miller added on March 5, 2018 | Answered

I am having difficulty understanding the origin of an ink black spot the size of a quarter which seems to have fallen from a plant which I had cut for an arrangement. I am not sure if it was from one of my houseplants or from some wild cuttings outside. Are you familiar with any such such possible exudate? I don't personally believe that this "sumi ink" looking spot came from a plant which had a tiny blue flower but my partner thinks it did. I'm just trying so see if it is a common known phenomenon or should I look for another source? The plant in question was quite small w/ a stem less than an eighth inch in diameter and two or three flowers of a diameter of less than 3/4 of and inch, made up of about 3 to five light blue petals. Any help would be appreciated, yours, David Miller

Hm. I'm not certain. Can you upload a photo? This can help me to identify the issue.

Here are more questions about Open2