Mushrooms

Cultivation of Mushroom

flyinghigh added on September 4, 2013 | Answered

Can you please guide and explain me about cultivation of mushrooms? I have 60 yards area in front of my house that is empty and where I can grow mushrooms? Please guide me to what I will need to do for this and if it is suitable to grow mushrooms there? I want to do it for business purpose.

00
Sumatra

There is a company called Fungi Perfecti that sells plug spawn that you drill into a log and cover with wax, and there is also sawdust spawn. The most common sawdust spawn mushroom being Stropharia roguso annulata. It is a heavy feeder though, and is best grown in straw or mulch. The problem with growing in this matter is that, to avoid wild mushrooms from growing in it, the straw/mulch must be washed in a diluted hydrogen peroxide solution or heated to a sterilizing extent, and on a business scale, this is a lot of work.

http://www.fungi.com/product-detail/product/stropharia-wood-chip-spawn.html

00
Here are more questions about Mushrooms