Cucumber Plants

Cucumber Leaves Turning White

Boakes added on May 29, 2017 | Answered

Hello I'm wondering if you could help me out with my cucumber conundrum. I started the plants from seeds with peat pellets indoors (lemon cucumber variety) The seedlings were flourishing, and since the weather finally became warm enough I finally transplanted them in the soil about a week ago. The watering regiment hasn't changed, consistent weather, and the temperature hasn't dropped significantly since I planted them however two of the plants have their lower leaves turning white, frail and papery. (Pictures attached). What do you think could be the cause of this, and what do you think is my best course of action? I'm a bit worried it could be a disease and I'll need to remove the infected plants immediately before others are affected. Thank you for your help!

These two lower leaves are cotyledons which are not true leaves, they are part of the seed actually. When true leaves form it does not harm the plant if the cotyledons die back or fall off. However will the cool and cloudy weather this spring, plants right now are susceptible to sunscald. This article may help

Here are more questions about Cucumber Plants