Cucumber Plants

Cucumber Blight

Each year I have trouble with a disease affecting my cucumbers. Just about the time they start to fruit, the leaves begin to yellow and holes form like they were burnt by a cigarette. The plants wither, lose their leaves, and eventually die. Is there a fungicide that will prevent this? I have relocated the garden but still have problems.

Gummy stem blight commonly affects cucumbers, as well as many other crops. Gummy stem blight can appear anytime during the season, but most damage occurs late in the season after the fruit is set. Warm, wet conditions favor the development and spread of the disease.

This fungus can be controlled with fungicides if caught early enough. To prevent re-occurrence, you should practice crop rotation. Do not plant the cukes in the same location. Also make sure that all plant debris from affected plants is removed and destroyed.

00
Here are more questions about Cucumber Plants