Cucamelon Plants

Gardening granny added on August 25, 2016 | Answered

I have a cucamelon plant growing amongst my raspberries, seed must have been in the compost from my heap. It is growing really well with loads of flowers, continually visited by bees; therefore, I assume they are being fertilized, but not one fruit. Is it lack of water, or feed, or are they being eaten? Perhaps, they don't like to be grown outside, although this year has been as hot as in a greenhouse. Can I do anything now to get the flowers to produce fruit?

If the melons were being eaten, you would probably see the signs of damage. Check for any bits of leftover rind or

I'm not sure what the problem could be, though I've heard this can be a difficult plant to grow. Flowers can sometimes be killed by high temperatures. Or, low phosphorus levels in soil can lead to poor fruit production. You could try adding a phosphorus supplement like bone meal.

Here are more questions about Cucamelon Plants