Crinum Lily

Crinum Lily Plants

I live in the Houston Texas area. I originally planted two of these lily plants and now they've multiplied all over the bed! How do I thin them out? Is it necessary to pull out the entire bulb - because when I pull them the bulb splits. I'm wondering if that's enough to keep them from coming back or will a new plant just grow from the broken bulb? Thanks so much!

Yes, you would need to lift the entire bulb. If you leave part of the bulb you are in essence chipping or splitting the bulb. It will continue to grown

Do you have any garden friends that may love a division of your lilies? Do you have a garden club in your area? You could contact the club and see if any member would be willing to come help remove some of your plants and they could then share them.

00
Here are more questions about Crinum Lily