Creeping Fig
Q.

Creeping Fig Fasten Ties

I bought creeping fig in hopes that it will attach to my retaining wall. It has been 2 weeks and I have removed the ties that it was attached to, hoping that it would attach itself. But instead, all the vines are not upright anymore and have fallen towards the ground. I want it to grow on the wall. Should I not have taken the ties off the stick and plant? Should I put the ties back on to "train" the plant to attach to the wall? How long will it take for it to attach to the wall and start growing? I also read that I should only water once a week.

A.
    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer

Yes, you may want to reattach the ties. It is difficult to say how long it will take the vine to establish itself, but once it does, it will be difficult to remove. As for watering, you want to keep the soil moist, not soggy, with about 2 inches of water weekly, so your watering should be fine. However, you may want to check the soil first to keep from over watering it. For more information on growing this plant, the following article should help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/creeping-fig/creeping-fig-vine.htm

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
    Creeping Fig
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More