Crape Myrtle Trees

Crape Myrtle Tree Not Looking Good

lovitt added on August 20, 2013 | Answered

I live in a new community and all the houses have a crape myrtle trees planted out front. The other trees are doing fine but I had one die and got a new one planted and it's looking like it's heading down the same path. The only way I can describe it is it looks stiff and the ends of the leaves turn brown like it's not getting enough water and I am making sure this one is getting plenty of water. I cannot afford to keep replacing trees that are just going to die and I don't know what to do.

I instruct all tree and shrub customers to water HEAVY, once a week. If the tree was in a 10 gallon pot or taller than 8 feet, 10 gallons of water would not be too much. Keep it watered weekly while foliage is on the plant and once every two weeks after leaves fall, until Christmas. If your tree is large, you might need to resume watering next spring.

Here are more questions about Crape Myrtle Trees