Crape Myrtle Trees

Crape Myrtle Seed Pods

I have 3 Crape Myrtles in my yard. The blooms are almost all gone, so all that's left is the seed pods. The branches are very heavy and hanging almost to the ground, which makes it difficult to mow around the trees. Is there anything we can do in the future so that the trees don't do this? And is there a remedy for the present (other than trimming them back. I know this isn't the right time of year to trim them)?

Susan75023

See if you can determine the variety. There are weeping crepe myrtles that naturally grow with low "weeping" branches. Here is a link for those:
https://www.ehow.com/info_8534457_varieties-weeping-crape-myrtle.html

If it is not a weeping variety, trim the lower branches off even with a main stem. I do this in the Spring and Summer to form it into a tree-like shape.

00
Here are more questions about Crape Myrtle Trees