Cotoneaster

Cotoneaster Question

gilsarc added on July 8, 2017 | Answered

I have a large cotoneaster that cascades over a stone wall outside Boston, MA. The leaves emerge dark green and shiny in the spring, but by early July, the leaves start to look sickly. They are not turning yellow and falling off, but they look pale. I have done no fertilizing to the shrub or the surrounding beds. And I have done no watering this year; we are receiving decent rainfall. When I have watered the area, the cotoneaster looks worse. I don\'t know if too much moisture exacerbates the problem. I have also wondered if the cement in the wall is causing a problem. Any suggestions? I have attached two photos. Also, the plant blooms nicely, but never produces berries. Thanks, Gil

DLarum

I would start by fertilizing it and see if that improves it's appearance
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/cotoneaster/how-to-grow-cotoneaster.htm

00
Here are more questions about Cotoneaster