Sweet Corn

Corn Stalks Drying Toward Bottom

I am growing corn right now and the stalks aren't a vibrant green like they were when they were up to about 4 feet. The corn leaves towards the bottom are drying up. Is this normal? And if not, what is causing it? Corn has already started to form with the silks already showing. I water about twice a week and I have given it 2 doses of fish emulsion over about a month and a half period.

It is likely a watering issue. In temps above 85 F., they need to be watered more. Most plants require at least 2 inches of water weekly. To ensure they are getting enough, use drip irrigation or soaker hoses. This article may help (though it's for xeriscape areas, as far as watering anything in the garden, it would be the same principles): https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/xeriscape/irrigation-systems-for-xeriscape-environments.htm

Here are more questions about Sweet Corn