Lemon Trees

Container Fruit Trees

I would like to plant some fruit trees in containers. I live in San Diego and plan to plant the trees on the west side of the house. I would like lemon trees, grapefruit, orange, lime, nectarine, pomegranate, avocado. I don't care if the tree is deciduous but would like something that produces some fruit and is decorative in a pot.

All of these, except for the nectarine, will do well in containers where you live. If you want to grow nectarine (or peaches), you will need to find a variety that is suited for your area. Peaches and nectarines need a certain amount of cold to bloom, and you will need to look for a low chill variety. You will also need to make sure you can give your container fruit trees enough water. They will need watering daily most of the time.

Here are more questions about Lemon Trees